Saturday, July 3, 2010

SAIGON!

I never been to Vietnam before, so I was happy when I learned that I will have a meeting there. It was also cool that I get to stay a day later because of flight availability. Use that day to explore the fabled city.

Took a lot of pictures of the city, it is a beautiful city, with its strong french influence in some of the building's architecture even food. I was actually surprised to see pushcarts selling great tasting french breads!!! I also got to go inside the famed Notre Dame Catholic Church, and a sudden downpour actually made me stayed to hear mass in Vietnamese!



The above pictures are of my room in Hotel Intercontinental Asiana Saigon, a great room on the 12th floor with a great view of the city. Its got a great tub, with sliding doors that opens up to the room for you to be able to watch the big ass 42" flat screen tv while relaxing on the tub.



The view of the famed city from my 12th floor room, pretty great stuff to see both in the morning as well as the evening. I could readily see the church and the city's central post office. both great old buildings...






Just some of the pictures taken of the city's more famous buildings. The Notre Dame Church, the former Presidential Palace that is now a museum, the French influenced city can't be complete without an authentic Louis Vuitton Store... a shot of the a park with a fountain and its City Theater.

I will try to post some more pictures in my next article. Till the next...

No comments: