Tuesday, November 14, 2006

US Bound!



Twelve days to go... Me and my wife will be going to the USA. Yahoo! This is for the both of us our first time to go to a western country, both our foreign travels are of the asian variety. China, HongKong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand, been there; done that.

What gets me most excited in going to the US is.... NEXT GEN GAMING!!! At the time of my visit, Sony and Nintendo would have just launched their respective consoles the PS3 and Wii. Although I have decided to buy the Wii (budget cap) it will be so great to see the PS3 console in those malls and stores even before it hits the Philippines. Even my son Hans is excited at the prospect of playing a Wii, although his dream game machine right now is still the Nintendo DS. I guess Nintendo will be the lucky corporate bastard to get my holiday dollars this year, imagine both the Wii and the DSlite. Sorry Sony, I love your console but its just too expensive for me right now. Maybe 3 years down the console's life, I will certainly get it.

Well, back here in the Philippines, Xbox 360 seems to be selling well. especially now that they have found a way to flash the drive of the console thus enabling people to play copied games on it. The Philippines is still basically a third world country and for people to be spending roughly $400 or more for a console, games should be cheap. and i guess the hackers helped the market to flourish right now. The question is... Microsoft certainly isn't happy about it, as all gamers know, to make money on the console market, developers and Microsoft should sell a lot of software, they make their money on software not hardware. so basically in South East Asia, where its been said that the Xbox 360 is selling well, Microsoft may be losing money. Because they may be selling a lot of consoles but most definitely very few original game titles as the pirates are busy supplying these market's gamers with illegally copied games. I think Microsoft has made a move in the right direction by smearing black glue on their drives for flashers to have a harder time opening the console's drive. But personally, i think they should try harder. I don't think black glue will stop the hackers. As we say in Pilipino, ABANGAN!

I hope my sister (our US host) will have time to take me and my wife to see atleast Hollywood, Universal Studios and Las Vegas (home of the original CSI). You see, my sister lives in Santa Rosa, its actually nearer to San Francisco (around 1.5 hours) while LA is a long 8 hours away. So from my sister's place we are bound to see San Francisco, Napa Valley (Yipee!! wine tasting) and I think Lake Tahoe. We will be spending Christmas there. First Christmas for both me and my wife outside home soil and away from our two boys; Hans and Cross. With Hans, he will be staying with my parents. He agreed to not have us for Christmas as long as he gets his DSlite (granted!!!). For Cross, he will be staying with Maphel's; my wife's parents. Cross is ok, he is still too young (1.75 years old) to know that we will be going away for a month. We will just see if he will still recognize us when we get back. Hehehe

Oh well, Got to go. hopefully will be able to pose some pics and write about our trip when i'm there already.

No comments: