Friday, February 20, 2009

Acoustic Treatment

This is a topic I am not very confident to talk about. I simply don't know enough, even after researching through the internet left more questions than answers. But at any rate, I started to acoustically treat my HT Room so as to maximize my equipment's capabilities.


The above photo shows the two acoustic panels I placed behind the two floorstanders. By putting these two panels, imaging vastly improved for both stereo music and home theater movies soundtrack. I could not believe the difference only two panels do! UNBELIEVABLE!

Next, I bought a pair of 5 foot triangular bass traps from the same supplier to be placed on my back room's corner, and what these two monsters do is to trap the bass and make it sound and "feel" better. What I can tell you is before these two, my bass was all over, and my room has some modal ringing wherein when there are explosions in the soundtrack, I can actually feel my windows and "kisame" shake and bake so to speak, which is not cool. Now, after the placement, bass is tight, no more ringing, and I feel the bass! And I am loving it! its like getting a new subwoofer!




Overall, I am very satisfied with these new acquisitions. Its less than the cost of a good pair of bookshelf speakers but the effect is huge! I have plans of getting two more acoustic panels on the back sides of the room and I feel that my HT Room is set.

No comments: