Monday, December 1, 2008

The PJ Route!

Wow, its been a while since I wrote something on my blog. But it has been a very busy few months with both work and play. As my last article said, I am now enjoying my media room to the fullest, but the buying bug hit me again. Joining the forum Pinoy DVD has got something to do with it. Seeing all those members upgrading their gears was just too much for me to ignore. So the next upgrade path for me was to go the PJ route.

What is a PJ? In Pinoy DVD speak, its a projector, whether its a 3LCD or DLP kind, as long as it projects into a screen then its a PJ. For the HT enthusiasts, a PJ is the ultimate set-up, imagine watching movies on a 90" to 133" big screen, that is humongous! LCD TVs and Plasma's just can't compare, if you can buy a 80" panel, the price is just ridiculously expensive, you might as well just invest on a PJ. And the PJ I am talking about is not the everyday projector we use in the office, those are data projectors that projects low resolution images, in 4:3 (square) aspect ratio and does not have HD inputs like DVI or HDMI. The PJ HT enthusiasts wants are those that at least are 720p capable, has HDMI inputs, and projects a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio. So what did I got myself?

The BENQ W500 720p 3LCD PJ! That's what. There are of course others, the Panasonics, Epsons, Sanyos and Optomas. But I chose the Benq because of its price, warranty and the inclusion of the HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) Reon VX video processor chip, that would make any standard definition (DVD) and even high definition (HD) movies come into life with better colors, contrast and 3D like image!



I will write another article when everything is set-up. Right now, I had to have the PJ mounting customized, just acquired a 90" motorized glass beaded PJ screen, am so lucky I got it for a song! and of course got those standard brackets to hang the PJ screen and to wall mount our nearly a year old 37" Toshiba LCD TV, for those karaoke and cable viewing moments.

Till the next update!

No comments: