Thursday, December 27, 2007

Monster of a Truck!

I just remembered going through my old posts that I wrote about my impending change of vehicle. Well, months after that post, March 2007 to be exact, I did change. It was a year earlier, it was definitely unexpected, but what the heck, I took it!

Well, the vehicle is not exactly brand new, but the mileage was pretty low (20,000 kms. for two years used), it was definitely well maintained, the best of all, I only have to use it for 3 years (instead of 5 years) before I can call it mine and of course the right to change to another vehicle (brand new by that time).

What I got was a monster of a pick-up truck, its got a 3 liter direct injected turbo diesel engine, its got 4x4 for those off-roading moments, its lifted for those battles with our famous Metro Manila flooding during the rainy season, the interiors are almost car like, with the leather seats, nice sounds coming out of the Pioneer stereo + Blaupunkt speakers combination, its got dual airbags and all the seat belts for the riders safety. And last but never the least, it's in color BLACK!!!

Ten months and 26,000 kms. later, I am a very satisfied customer, I drive everyday for around 100 kms (both ways), and the diesel conversion was at around 12 kms per liter of crude, that's a miser for a 3 liter engine. The riding comfort is a mixed bag, it feels more comfortable riding in front than at the back. The space for cargo is definitely loads better than a sedan. We actually experienced no water for a few weeks, and the pick-up helped us through by hauling water from our relatives homes to ours, can't say we can do that with a sedan, gallons of water maybe but not drum loads! Speed is of course diminished compared to a sedan, but at my age, its ok, I don't feel like racing Hamilton and Alonso anymore. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5 cylinders.

By the way, the monster I have been rambling about is an Isuzu DMax 4x4 pickup truck. Its now even better with its new CRDi engine, so for those in the hunt for a new utility monster, check out the DMax, it's good to go!


No comments: